Any employee involved with hazardous materials shipping must be trained within 90 days after the hire date, and retraining is required every three years.
Per 49 CFR Part 177.800(c) Responsibility for Training – A carrier may not transport a hazardous material by motor vehicle unless each of its hazmat employees involved in that transportation is trained as required by this part and subpart H of part 172 of this subchapter.
Who should attend this program?
- Plant and Safety Managers
- Packing and Shipping Supervisors
- Traffic and Transportation Managers
- Warehouse and Dock Supervisors
- Distribution Employees
- Dispatchers and Purchasing Agents
The seminar topics include the following.
- Shipping Documentation and General Requirement
- Packing and Marking
- Hazardous Materials Tables
- Placarding and Labeling
- Loading and Storage
- Emergency Response
- Application of Federal rules to in-state shipments
- New Regulation Training